On April 17, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals overturned the ban by Berkeley, California, on using natural gas in new construction. The court decided that the 1975 federal Energy and Conservation Act Law (EPCA) preempts local regulation of natural gas, Jonathan Adler in the Volokh Conspiracy said. Adler quoted the leading judge’s opinion: “By…
- Proposed: 75 percent rebates for electric bikes for low-income locals in Washington DC .
- Buried in the IRA: an end to outrageous tax write-off conservation easements.
- The media swallowed an unlikely “gas stoves” narrative.
- Times writer tries to spend a day without plastic to prove . . . what?
- YouTube shuts down Heartland channel just before interview with climate scientist Judith Curry.