The massive farm bill that’s on its way has a new wrinkle: an office to curtail food waste. What will it do? Jacob Wallace of Waste Dive reports: “The proposed office would administer a grant program for local jurisdictions to facilitate data collection on existing food loss and waste policies. The grant program would be…
The Institute for Energy Research explains how detrimental the president’s recent actions are. “President Biden’s Interior Department has revoked seven remaining oil and natural gas leases in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge that were sold during the Trump administration and unveiled a proposal to ban new leasing and development on 10.6 million acres of the 23-million-acre National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska….
I don’t usually recommend videos about the environment, especially hour-long ones. But this was worth my time and perhaps yours: an interview with Steven Koonin, author of Unsettled. The location is Uncommon Knowledge, a Hoover Institution program on Youtube. Peter Robinson is the interviewer. Koonin’s book, published in 2021, has attracted great interest because he…
A polite British debate took place recently by email between two members of the House of Lords who disagree about the dangers of climate change. Indeed, they disagree about the IPCC report which both claim to rely on! Roger Pielke, Jr. publishes the correspondence of The Rt. Hon. Lord (Peter) Lilley and the Rt. Hon….
Just as the federal government is about to open the Gulf of Mexico to offshore wind projects, the industry is running into trouble, says Maria Galucci of Canary Media (a news outlet favorable to renewables). “The August 29 [Gulf] auction comes at a deeply ambivalent moment for offshore wind. On the one hand, there’s unprecedented…
- “What will happen when the grid goes down?” From physicist John Droz Jr.
- Judge upholds Montana children’s claim that the state is not doing enough to combat global warming.
- “There is no climate emergency,” says a statement from 1600 international scientists and other climate-knowledgeable professionals.
- Facebook censors Shellenberger post on offshore wind and whale deaths.
- Holman Jenkins: “Green” subsidies lead to more carbon dioxide emissions! (behind a paywall).