- Energy Department in a hurry to lend $400 billion by the 2024 election.
- Tired of your slow-moving dishwasher? It’s going to get worse, for a lot of appliances.
- Wind turbine prices are up 38 percent over the past two years.
- There is no such thing as a “green” energy transition. Renewables can’t do what fossil fuels do, engineer says.
- And there’s more.
Trade-Offs: Biden’s Push for Bio-energy from Agriculture Worries Environmentalists
The “Inflation Reduction Act” will provide $140 billion in agricultural “tax incentives, loans and grants” to promote energy. Environmentalists are not happy. Keith Schneider of the New York Times: “Despite pushback from environmental groups concerned about increased pollution from farm waste, developers across the country see opportunities to build ambitious renewable energy projects to convert…
- “The World Bank has become a key focus of efforts to tackle global climate change.”
- “Study: IPCC asks emerging countries to drop coal faster than rich nations did.”
- Will offshore wind energy overwhelm the electric grid? Here’s why it might.
- Adviser to multi-million-dollar climate change group is an official of the Chinese Communist Party.
- Iowa legislature is considering strict limits on solar facilities (such as requiring a 1250-foot setback from a residence or livestock facility).
- ‘The Environmentalist Assault on Civilization.”
- Is nuclear power about to make a comeback? Here’s why it might not.
- Are lawsuits against oil companies for “greenwashing” just efforts to suppress free speech? Yes.
- Al Gore gave us “pork and propaganda.”
Cashing In on Climate Change Subsidies: It Helps to Be Rich
Somini Sengupta of the New York Times has candidly shared an analysis of “how to get government aid to ditch fossil fuels.” Here’s a sample (Sengupta cites research by two colleagues). “How do you cash in?” she asks. Her answers: “For those of you who own a single-family home, if you can fork out the…
The Latest Green Energy Flaws and Failures
In the news: Big British solar company goes bankrupt. Owns 53 solar farms; borrowed £655 million over the past four years.—ZeroHedge on Oil Price. [Britain is not a very sunny place.] “Skyrocketing fossil fuel energy prices are driving the deforestation of Europe as citizens try to keep warm.” —Pierre L. Gosselin on NoTricksZone. Biden won’t…