The “Inflation Reduction Act” will provide $140 billion in agricultural “tax incentives, loans and grants” to promote energy. Environmentalists are not happy. Keith Schneider of the New York Times: “Despite pushback from environmental groups concerned about increased pollution from farm waste, developers across the country see opportunities to build ambitious renewable energy projects to convert…
- “The World Bank has become a key focus of efforts to tackle global climate change.”
- “Study: IPCC asks emerging countries to drop coal faster than rich nations did.”
- Will offshore wind energy overwhelm the electric grid? Here’s why it might.
- Adviser to multi-million-dollar climate change group is an official of the Chinese Communist Party.
- Iowa legislature is considering strict limits on solar facilities (such as requiring a 1250-foot setback from a residence or livestock facility).
- ‘The Environmentalist Assault on Civilization.”
- Is nuclear power about to make a comeback? Here’s why it might not.
- Are lawsuits against oil companies for “greenwashing” just efforts to suppress free speech? Yes.
- Al Gore gave us “pork and propaganda.”
Somini Sengupta of the New York Times has candidly shared an analysis of “how to get government aid to ditch fossil fuels.” Here’s a sample (Sengupta cites research by two colleagues). “How do you cash in?” she asks. Her answers: “For those of you who own a single-family home, if you can fork out the…
In the news: Big British solar company goes bankrupt. Owns 53 solar farms; borrowed £655 million over the past four years.—ZeroHedge on Oil Price. [Britain is not a very sunny place.] “Skyrocketing fossil fuel energy prices are driving the deforestation of Europe as citizens try to keep warm.” —Pierre L. Gosselin on NoTricksZone. Biden won’t…
Three writers from the Breakthrough Institute plead for the solar industry to stop relying on solar panels made by oppressed Uyghurs in Xinjiang, China. Seaver Wang and Juzel Lloyd and Guido Núñez-Mujica write: “[E]xtensive evidence of government-organized forced labor programs and numerous other crimes against humanity in the XUAR [Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region] has come to…