- Cold weather causes many more deaths than hot weather does but you’d never know it from WHO or the Economist.
- Portland to spend $2 million to block off 16 blocks downtown for a zero-emission delivery zone (no gas-fired delivery vehicles allowed).
- Energy Dept. offering $3 billion to investors if they sell solar panels to people with low credit scores (or, in the case of Puerto Rico, rickety electric grids). (Behind a paywall).
- ‘The U.S. Forest Service’s job of tackling the wildfire crisis just got a lot harder.’
- China is expected to have 45 percent market share of solar panels sold in the U.S. this year .(Behind a paywall.)
The state of Rhode Island will subsidize the construction of solar panels on the houses of low- or moderate-income families. Writes Lesa Prevost in Energy News: “The program will offer affordable leases for solar equipment on homes owned by residents with incomes less than or equal to 80% of the area median income. That’s a…
The federal government admits that right now the best (i.e., most cost-effective) way to deal with aged solar panels is to put them in a landfill. The Dept. of Energy is hoping to change that by encouraging recycling panels, but the challenges are severe. A department paper on an “end-of life” action plan says: “Currently…