Just as the federal government is about to open the Gulf of Mexico to offshore wind projects, the industry is running into trouble, says Maria Galucci of Canary Media (a news outlet favorable to renewables). “The August 29 [Gulf] auction comes at a deeply ambivalent moment for offshore wind. On the one hand, there’s unprecedented…
The New York Times has noticed that the current electricity grid is not sufficient for all the wind and solar energy that the Biden administration thinks it should be carrying. Write Nadja Popovich and Brad Plumer: “The climate stakes are high. Last year, Congress approved hundreds of billions of dollars for solar panels, wind turbines,…
- Energy Department in a hurry to lend $400 billion by the 2024 election.
- Tired of your slow-moving dishwasher? It’s going to get worse, for a lot of appliances.
- Wind turbine prices are up 38 percent over the past two years.
- There is no such thing as a “green” energy transition. Renewables can’t do what fossil fuels do, engineer says.
- And there’s more.
The governor of North Carolina has adopted the Biden administration’s push toward renewables. He is requiring the state to aim at supplying 8.0 gigawatts of electricity from offshore wind by 2040. Those turbines will be near Brunswick County and Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, and thus near some of the state’s most appealing tourist spots. That…
- Will offshore wind energy overwhelm the electric grid? Here’s why it might.
- Adviser to multi-million-dollar climate change group is an official of the Chinese Communist Party.
- Iowa legislature is considering strict limits on solar facilities (such as requiring a 1250-foot setback from a residence or livestock facility).
- ‘The Environmentalist Assault on Civilization.”
- Is nuclear power about to make a comeback? Here’s why it might not.
- Are lawsuits against oil companies for “greenwashing” just efforts to suppress free speech? Yes.
- Al Gore gave us “pork and propaganda.”
Hypocrisy abounds in the White House when it comes to ocean wildlife along the East Coast of the U.S. On December 1, President Joe Biden hosted a state dinner with French President Emmanuel Macron, at which more than 200 Maine lobsters were served. As noted by The Guardian, just days earlier the retailer Whole Foods…