- India is expanding coal mining. The government has “reopened old coal mines, carved out new ones, and, perhaps most telling, extended contracts to private mining companies for longer periods,” says Karishma Mehrotra in the Washington Post.
- $375 million here; $2 billion there. The Dept. of Energy is lending money to private firms to produce mineral components for electric vehicles, says Jeff St. John of Canary Media.
- A federal public/private partnership is offering $10 million in federal funds for “recycling, reuse and remanufacturing R&D projects.” (Pocket change compared with the above.)
- William McGurn talks sense about East Palestine chemicals in the Wall Street Journal.
- “The force-fed energy transition to renewable fuels is destabilizing the U.S. electric grid,” writes the Wall St. Journal editorial board.
“Coal mine Lake” by Nitin Kirloskar is licensed under CC BY 2.0.