- Are they going to ban gas stoves? Yes, it seems so.
- No, maybe not!
- Banning fluorescent and incandescent lighting? Yes, it seems so.
- Could a free-market technique—satisfying customers—save curbside recycling?
- EV trash trucks stalled because U.K. city doesn’t have enough chargers.
- Is there a backlash against ESG (and what is ESG, anyway)?
- The Fed, thank goodness, is not going to be a “climate policymaker.” Really?
- Government to crack down on low-level lead fuel (it’s not low enough) in general aviation.
Tag: natural gas
Three Western States Don’t Want More Natural Gas from Canada
Why? It would make it harder to meet their carbon-dioxide emission goals, say Oregon, California, and Washington officials. Alex Baumhardt writes in the Idaho Capital Sun that TC Energy, a Canadian company, asked the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) in October 2021 if it could increase natural gas delivery by the Gas Transmission Northwest Express…
Now, What About Those 9,000 Unused Drilling Permits?
Yes, there are more than 9,000 federal permits for oil and gas that aren’t being used, as Joe Biden and his press secretary, Jen Psaki, have pointed out. Does that mean that high prices are the fault of oil companies unwilling to produce more? No. Here is recent commentary about those permits. The Wall Street…
European Union to List Nuclear and Natural Gas as Green Fuels
A European Union proposal would allow new nuclear power and natural gas facilities to be considered “environmentally sustainable.” It is causing an uproar in Europe. Wrote the Guardian: “The draft proposals seen by the Guardian would allow gas and nuclear to be included in the EU ‘taxonomy of environmentally sustainable economic activities,’ subject to certain…
Europe Heads toward an Energy Crisis. . . Is America Far Behind?
From Samantha Dravis in The Hill: “A crisis across the pond is foreshadowing what may happen as America looks to achieve net-zero carbon emissions and meet the goals of the Paris Accord.” *** “European nations are experiencing record surging natural gas prices, resulting in halted operations and a rise in energy prices for consumers that…