Don’t be too sure that July 4 was the “hottest day ever.”
We are grateful to the Net Zero Watch and the Global Warming Policy Foundation for their “Earth Day 2023” cartoon. If you read carefully you can see messages about changes over the past 53 years (since Earth Day 1970) such as these: Life expectancy has increased 30% to 72. Extreme poverty has halved. Food has…
- No new gas stations in Los Angeles?
- Canada’s “Zero-Plastic Waste 2030” program will cost $13 billion (Canadian dollars), gain only $619 million benefit, says Fraser Institute’s Ken Green.
- Australian Scientists Discover Styrofoam-eating “superworm.”
- Supreme Court agrees to hear a case that would define “waters of the United States” for EPA regulatory purposes.
- Why does electricity usage go down? Income inequality, says Resources for the Future.
- Ford trying to get more congressional support for electric vehicles, says the Washington Post.
Warmer global temperatures mean fewer global deaths. We’ve said that before, even though the media tend to ignore it. Now Stephen Moore (in his Unleash Prosperity Hotline email) reports on a new British study linking temperatures and deaths over the past two decades. Writes Moore: “Severe cold weather kills far more people than severe warm…
Kent Lassman, president of the Competitive Enterprise Institute, thinks it is time to retire Earth Day. Writing in the Johnstown, Pennsylvania, Tribune-Democrat, he says: “Despite the positive effects Earth Day may have had in the past to raise awareness and rally the grassroots, today we have a global class of professional activists committed to campaigning…
President Joe Biden’s climate and energy policies are one critical factor in his sinking poll numbers and in the dwindling chances that the Democrats will keep either house of Congress in the mid-term elections. Biden’s and the Democrats’ fortunes are falling almost as fast as the average American’s energy, food, and fuel prices are rising….